1. Start with 4 or 5 long potatoes
2. Cut of the ends and cut off the sides to make the potatoes square but long.
3. Cut the potato in slices about 1/8 inch thick then lay those slices flat and cut strips the same thickness so your fries are the same size as McDonald's.
4. Soak in cold water for 5 minutes then drain on a paper towel.
5. In a pot put enough water to cover the fries when laid out in a big flat dish.
6. Stir in corn syrup and sugar as the water comes to a boil. I used 1/2 cup corn syrup and 1/2 cup white sugar for 12 cups of water. (adjust accordingly)
7. Once the sugar is dissolved and the water reaches a boil "turn off the heat" and drop in the fries.
8. Let them soak for 10 minutes then drain on paper towels.
9. Now place the fries in the freezer for 20 minutes.
10. Heat your oil to 350 degrees. (I used canola oil) drop in the fries and deep fry them for 2 minutes only.
11. Put then on a tray and let cool for 10 minutes.
12. Drop them back in the oil for 7 minutes.
Note: When they come out of the fryer lay the fries out and dust them with salt. Toss then a bit... and Enjoy!